dimanche 25 avril 2010

Soldier's Letter

Dear Mom & Dad,

It has been a while since I haven't written to you. We've been moving from one place to another without any time to relax and write. Winter finally arrived yet theres not much difference.
Our whole life here is basically inside the trenches. Its literally hell in Earth. They get all muddy and causes you to have fungus in your feet. This then leads to maybe an amputation which is the worst thing that can happen since you need both feet to fight ! Oh and furthermore, there are tons of rats that would just walk on top of you while sleeping. They would also bite pieces from dead corpse that were left unburried.
We've suffered pretty much from everything: bullet wounds, shortage of food and shelter comfort. Not only have we suffered from physical pain but also mental pain.
I've made many friends, but they don't last long. Each time we expose ourselves, one by one I see them die. Each day becomes slower then the last. My family and friends are the reason I'm still alive. I keep in mind that one day or another i'll see your faces again and this makes me want to fight and finally end it. I miss you so much it hurts !
Your beloved son, James

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire